Friday, August 31, 2012

Where to go from here?

Once again I am in a rut. For those of you that know me know how passionate I am about what I do and my creation The JW Method. Broken down it is simply my way of training people with very unique exercises.

I feel as though I am stuck half way between the pole world and the fitness world. People in the pole industry are mostly into the Pole Dancing and The JW Method is far from, and people in the fitness world still hold that stupid stigma with anything related to pole. So what do I do?

I have been in the business of pole fitness for about 8 years now and feel as though I could compete with some of the top names, however I HATE COMPETING!!!! It takes all the feeling out of my performance because I feel as though I have to be perfect. That and I HATE routines freestyle is definitely the way to go when expressing yourself and your feeling. Over the past 8 years my program started to develop because of my main focus, my clients. Not very many people stick with pole dancing once they have tried it. Out of a group of 20 I bet only 5 would stay for a few classes and would keep decreasing as the classes advanced.

This program keeps about 15 out of the 20 and they stay until they are in such good shape they feel they have changed their lifestyle to the point of where they can do it on their own, or good old life hits them and they are counting down the days until they can come back. This is why I freaking push so dang hard to keep this program alive. If it was just another fad program that was fun to do for a little while and people got sick of it then well it was a good run. But no! Every single freaking day someone tells me how my program changed their life, whether it was to improve their fitness and body image, or improve on injuries (previous or occurring), or the friendship they get and support they are given not only by our instructors but by their peers. Sure yeah let's just give up on that. Seeing as how it is EVERYONE that tries the program for more than 2 weeks that says this. UGH!

So yet again I have hit wall after wall trying to get people to understand what it is that I do. No I don't prance around a pole and yes it is a hard core workout that you need to hold onto a pole so you don't fall on your arse. I am at the end of my rope and feel like dropping into my little dark hole and just focusing on my studio and the amazing people that keep us alive.

NO!!!!!!!!!

I can't. The stubborn ass in me says that I have something amazing and if I don't keep pushing through all of this crapola then someone else will figure out my system and BAM!!!!! Instant fame! I can't let that happen. So plan of attack.

1. keep working toward my goal of Las Vegas Competition (Although my hubby says I probably shouldn't go through the whole process with the meal plan and such so we can save our marriage ha ha)

2. Film these much awaited workout videos for purchase so you ALL can see how SPECTACULAR my program is and how simple it is to stick with.

3. Keep emailing every big name fitness/tv personality/pole industry people I can until someone FINALLY cuts me a break. (there is only so much a broke b**** with dreams can do)

4. Keep my chin up by soaking in every single positive feedback and life changing story I can (So ladies bring them on!!!)

5. Nag every single one of you that have been affected by the JW Method to HELP ME!!!!! Ha Ha :D

I couldn't do any of this without the love and support of all of my amazing women and I owe you everything!

XOXO

Next post WILL BE ABOUT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment