Sunday, January 27, 2013

Business and Full Time Job

I am struggling with the balance of my two worlds combined. My passion for helping others begin a journey to a happier life through health and fitness, and my full time job as a mom.

After  had my first little baby, it became apparent that as slow moving as my business was before it was about to become even slower with the ever growing demand for attention this precious baby had. I was right. Before  had my own studio I was packing everything little baby needed back and forth to keep her happy for a few hours while I taught. I was the only instructor at this time and had around 16 classes a week. When it was just me, everyone seemed okay with the fact that I had my little stinker with me every class.

When I got pregnant with my second little baby even more focus was taken from the business. I thought this would be the end of it, and it almost was. If it wasn't for my bull headed personality I would be living stress free off of my husbands income. Instead I chose to fight for a business that at the time could be compared to the effort it takes to make a fire from rubbing two sticks together. The motivation was the smoke I saw and the blazing fire I knew was not far off if I just kept working at it.

Thank goodness I had Melissa.

I find myself in a new challenge. I have had a fear that if my business were to ever become as big as I have wanted it to, that it would stop being everything it was and become a sort of corporate environment where it is all about business and not enough about the journey of us and our clients.

We have had great success since our last move to the new location. Classes are filling up and we have more space for people. I should be ecstatic, however I feel like I am failing at keeping up with the pace. My children are still so young that I have to bring both with me to most of my classes. The business is still too small to make sense of hiring help. My kids are a handful and take my focus from my classes. I am at a constant struggle to keep everyone happy.

How do these crazy successful moms do it!!!!!

I am tugged from both sides and at times feel completely out of control. I know this is a time that will pass and become easier but for now I hope this helps everyone to understand why things are not being done as quickly as I would like. I really do appreciate everyones patience with me and my journey through both worlds and trying to keep them in sync.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, I know exactly how you feel! While I can't relate to it from an owning my own business standpoint, I think what you are feeling is something that most working moms have struggled with at one time or another. I pretty much spend my life in a constant state of guilt. If I'm working, why aren't I spending more time with my kids? If I'm with my kids, should I be working harder? If I'm doing something for myself, is that just totally selfish? Although I'm not anymore, I was raised Catholic. I'm grateful for this only because I'm already used to guilt. It was a way of life. :) Try to step back if you can and remember: first, you love what you do and are damn good at it. Second, while sometimes we want to sell our children to the gypsies, overall we love them and at the most basic level, they are divine little beings and as they get older they will appreciate even more what a hard working and motivated mother they have. You are setting a good example for them. Third, when all else fails, pawn them off on your parents, partake of your drug of choice, and take a shower in the dark. It's remarkably relaxing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete