Thursday, May 31, 2012

THROW AWAY THE SCALE!!!!!!!!!

If it's one thing I hear most often it's "I GAINED WEIGHT".  I have clients of all shapes, sizes, and ages come through my door and each one of them works their butt off the first few weeks and sure enough this phrase flies out of their mouth with a big fat ??????

Here is why. 1 lb of fat is about as big as your fist now ball up that fist and take a look.  WELLLLLLLLLLL 1 lb of muscle can fit inside a shot glass. Can you see where the weight is coming from? If you can't, let me further explain. When you start packing on the pounds by eating incorrectly and sitting around all day you are going to notice because fat shows much faster than muscle does. When you work hard and eat correctly chances are you are gaining muscle underneath it all since it is so compact you won't see it as quickly on the outside as you would fat but where do you see it??? THE STUPID SCALE!!!!!!

Yes it is important to know how much you weigh, you wouldn't have motivation or a goal if you didn't. While you are working toward your goal THROW IT AWAY!!! The scale will only discourage you as you watch your weight fluctuate. If you want motivation grab a pair of jeans that fit you now and a pair you want to fit into. Watch as you current jeans get looser and that belt gets tighter. Take pictures. I can't see myself changing when I look in the mirror but you better believe I can see it in my photos. Last, try on those jeans you want to fit into once a month to see how your body is changing and how close you are to getting them dang things buttoned.

Make realistic goals for yourself. If you want to lose weight WONDERFUL!! But don't expect to see it on the scale, see it through the ways I mentioned. This will keep you motivated. A healthy positive mind is just as important as a healthy body and if you have a constant positive mindset the rest will be a breeze. ;D

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete